Unarmed Security – School Security Officer
Arizona Veteran Security is hiring for a School Security Officer to work on our Glendale Campus. We give preference to Veterans and their families, however we employ qualified civilian security officers.
Shift: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Days: Monday thru Friday
Pay: $15.50 per hour
You must complete all screening questions before being considered for a position.
Why work for us:
- 24/7 Command Center with dispatchers to assist anytime during you shift.
- Radio system that can provide Statewide connection to the Command Center.
- Electronic DAR's and incident reporting system. No paperwork reporting.
- Web based scheduling system. Able to access 24/7.
- Clock in/out on your phone at your jobsite.
- Flexible schedules available.
Unarmed Minimum Qualifications
- 18 years of age or older
- Have a current AZ DPS unarmed security guard card to apply.
- 1 year experience as a licensed unarmed security officer
- Valid driver's license and vehicle to report to job site
- Smart phone with a data plan and the ability to operate apps
- Current working email address
- Must be drug free
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Provides security for the school staff, students, buildings and property through patrol of school building(s) and building perimeters, including parking lots, to prevent unauthorized visitors or property damage and to provide for general building security; does related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF RELATED WORK: (Illustrative Only)
1. Oversees and participates in security inspections of school facilities.
2. Participates in providing security for all occupants of school buildings and grounds.
3. Prevents unauthorized visitors from entering school buildings and/or loitering on school grounds.
4. Informs counselors, teachers and school administrators of student behavior problems.
5. Maintains liaison with police, fire and other municipal departments to insure maximum use of their services in order to provide adequate security and safety.
6. Prepares reports and assists in special assignments as directed.
7. Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database software in performing work assignments.
8. Use of hand wand.
9. Bag searches.
10. ID checks.
11. Escort visitors, students, and guests when required.
- Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat
- Constant mental alertness and attention to detail
You must complete all screening questions and submit resume to be considered.
Arizona Veteran Security is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All are encouraged to apply to our positions.